Mohawk Valley Gives Board Kickoff Guide
At your next board meeting, have a Mohawk Valley Gives kickoff by setting aside 20-30 minutes to discuss your organization’s Mohawk Valley Gives goals and how your board members can help you achieve them! Involving your board early on in the Mohawk Valley Gives planning process can have a great impact on your overall success.
1. Introduction of Mohawk Valley Gives
You can pull all this information from the Mohawk Valley Gives FAQ page here before your kickoff!
- What is it?
- When is it?
- Who is hosting it?
- What communities does it serve?
- Why is your organization participating?
2. Overview of Past Achievements
Have you participated in a Giving Day in the past? Take some time to reflect on your past experiences and remind your team of the lessons learned!
- How much have you been able to raise?
- How many donors have you engaged? Have you acquired new donors?
- Did you obtain any matching funds? Sponsors?
- Did you utilize any new tools or platforms?
- What did you learn? How can you improve?
3. Specific Goals for Mohawk Valley Gives 2022
Before you jump into strategy, think about what you’d like your organization’s internal Mohawk Valley Gives goals to be. Starting here will help your team strategize for Mohawk Valley Gives!
- How much do you hope to raise?
- What projects, programs, or causes are you raising money for?
- How many donors do you hope to reach? How many new? How many recurring?
- How do you plan on communicating with your supporter base?
- How much in sponsorship matching dollars, prizes, and challenge incentives does your organization hope to secure?
- What are your top internal goals? What will be your top external goals?
4. How Your Board Members Can Help on Mohawk Valley Gives
One of the most important aspects of preparing for Mohawk Valley Gives is making it clear to your board members why their support is important and how they can help your organization make a difference. Providing several clear calls to action will make it easier for your board members to actively participate and help you achieve your goals!
- Serve on a Mohawk Valley Gives specific committee
- Board Sponsored Matching Dollars or Challenge Incentive
- Leverage their connections in the community to solicit financial or social partnerships around Mohawk Valley Gives
- Serve as Peer-to-Peer Fundraisers and fundraise on behalf of your organization during Mohawk Valley Gives
- Enlist social ambassadors to help your organization expand their reach on social media by spreading the word to their networks
- Act as donor stewardship liaisons to help thank your Mohawk Valley Gives supporters and begin fostering relationships
- Assist in hosting a special event for your organization and its supporters on Mohawk Valley Gives
5. Next Steps and Communication Plans for Mohawk Valley Gives
After you’ve kicked off Mohawk Valley Gives with your board members, you’ll likely have lots of great ideas flowing. Don’t lose that momentum! Make sure your organization has a clear communication plan for how you’ll stay in touch with your board members as you prepare and plan for Mohawk Valley Gives.
- Send a weekly or bi-weekly newsletter focused specifically on your Mohawk Valley Gives planning. Share your goals, exciting announcements, and provide clear opportunities and action steps your board members should take to help you succeed.
- Continue to include Mohawk Valley Gives in your regular board meetings as you prepare for the event.